Welcome to the DeepDyve page for Meat Science published by Elsevier. Articles in this journal are popular with our subscribers.
DeepDyve provides instant and affordable access to 12 million scholarly research articles to those not affiliated with a library from more than 10,000 peer-reviewed journals.
Agricultural and Biological Sciences is a well read subject area here at DeepDyve. Not only will you find Meat Science articles for rent on our platform but in addition those from many other journals in this field. Check them out here.
A subscription to DeepDyve really does represent superb value for money. For just $40 per month, subscribers can:
The official journal of the American Meat Science Association.
The qualities of meat – its composition, nutritional value, wholesomeness and consumer acceptability – are largely determined by the events and conditions encountered by the embryo, the live animal and the postmortem musculature. The control of these qualities, and their further enhancement, are thus dependent on a fuller understanding of the commodity at all stages of its existence – from the initial conception, growth and development of the organism to the time of slaughter and to the ultimate processing, preparation, distribution, cooking and consumption of its meat.
It is the purpose of Meat Science to provide an appropriate medium for the dissemination of interdisciplinary and international knowledge on all the factors which influence the properties of meat. The journal is predominantly concerned with the flesh of mammals; however, contributions on poultry will only be considered, if they demonstrate that they would increase the overall understanding of the relationship between the nature of muscle and the quality of the meat which muscles become post mortem Papers on large birds (eg emus, ostrich’s) and wild capture mammals and crocodile will be considered.
Editor: D.L. Hopkins
Impact Factor: 2.231
Popular Articles from Meat Science
All these articles, plus 12 million others, are available on DeepDyve for $40 per month.
- Red meats: Time for a paradigm shift in dietary advice
- The role of red and processed meat in colorectal cancer development: a perspective
- Red meat consumption: An overview of the risks and benefits
- Animal welfare and society concerns finding the missing link
- Active and intelligent packaging systems for a modern society
- Fat deposition, fatty acid composition and meat quality: A review
- Plant extracts as natural antioxidants in meat and meat products
- Inclusion of red meat in healthful dietary patterns
- The use and control of nitrate and nitrite for the processing of meat products
- Improving functional value of meat products
We look forward to welcoming you as a subscriber. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.