DeepDyve provides instant and affordable access to 12 million scholarly research articles to those not affiliated with a library from more than 10,000 peer-reviewed journals.
Agriculture and Biological Science is a well read subject area here at DeepDyve. Not only will you find Applied Animal Behaviour Science articles for rent on our platform but in addition those from many other journals in this field. Check them out here.
A subscription to DeepDyve really does represent superb value for money. For just $40 per month, subscribers can:
An international journal reporting on the application of ethology to animals managed by humans. Official Journal of the International Society for Applied Ethology (ISAE). This journal publishes relevant information on the behaviour of domesticated and utilized animals.
Topics covered include:
- Behaviour of farm, zoo and laboratory animals in relation to animal management and welfare
- Behaviour of companion animals in relation to behavioural problems, for example, in relation to the training of dogs for different purposes, in relation to behavioural problems
- Studies of the behaviour of wild animals when these studies are relevant from an applied perspective, for example in relation to wildlife management, pest management or nature conservation
- Methodological studies within relevant fields
The principal subjects are farm, companion and laboratory animals, including, of course, poultry. The journal also deals with the following animal subjects:
- Those involved in any farming system, e.g. deer, rabbits and fur-bearing animals
- Those in ANY form of confinement, e.g. zoos, safari parks and other forms of display
- Ferral animals, and any animal species which impinge on farming operations, e.g. as causes of loss or damage
- Species used for hunting, recreation etc. may also be considered as acceptable subjects in some instances
- Laboratory animals, if the material relates to their behavioural requirements
Editors-in-Chief: Sylvie Cloutier, Per Jensen
Impact Factor: 1.626
Popular Articles from Applied Animal Behaviour Science
All these articles, plus 12 million others, are available on DeepDyve for $40 per month.
- How does the zoo environment affect the behaviour of captive primates?
- Sources of stress in captivity
- Why and how should we use environmental enrichment to tackle stereotypic behavior?
- Sensory stimulation as environmental enrichment for captive animals: A review
- The effect of dog–human interaction on cortisol and behavior in registered animal-assisted activity dogs
- Breed differences in canine aggression
- A review of the human–horse relationship
- The potential of the human–animal relationship as an environmental enrichment for the welfare of zoo-housed animals
- Animal–visitor interactions in the modern zoo: Conflicts and interventions
- Natural behavioural biology as a risk factor in carnivore welfare: How analysing species differences could help zoos improve enclosures
We look forward to welcoming you as a subscriber. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.