It has been just one year since we launched our rental program, often referred to as the “iTunes or Netflix for scholarly research articles.” Since then, dozens of publishers - representing hundreds of journals and over 2 million articles in the fields of science, medicine, information technology, social sciences and the humanities - have joined our service. As promised, we continue to expand and add premium content and most recently have added journals from:
- American Meteorological Society: Founded in 1913, the American Meteorological Society (AMS) promotes the development and dissemination of information and education on the atmospheric and related oceanic and hydrologic sciences and the advancement of their professional applications. AMS publishes 9 atmospheric and related oceanic and hydrologic journals such as Journal of Climate and Weather and Forecasting. To see their full collection of journals, visit: http://www.deepdyve.com/browse/publishers/american-meteorological-society
- American Physical Society: American Physical Society (APS) is a leading professional organization of physicists, representing more than 46,000 physicists in academia and industry in the United States and internationally, and counts nearly 60 Nobel Laureates among its members. Journals include Physical Review and Physics. To browse all journals from APS, please visit:
- Edinburgh University Press: Founded over 50 years ago, Edinburgh University Press is the premier scholarly publisher in Scotland of academic books and journals and one of the leading university presses in the UK. Journals include Archives of Natural History, Oxford Literary Review, and many others. To browse all journals from EUP, please go to:
- Pier Professional: Pier Professional publishes journals in healthcare, social care and allied fields. Each of its journals creates an arena where practitioners, researchers, academics and professionals in healthcare and social care can exchange and learn from evidence-based and practical material. Pier Professional aims to bridge the gap between research and practice and have a particular focus on highlighting good practice and implications for future practice. To learn more, please go to:
- Wiley-Blackwell: Wiley-Blackwell is one of the world’s foremost academic and professional publishers and the largest society publisher. Through DeepDyve, Wiley-Blackwell is offering a portfolio of biotechnology journals representing more than 75,000 articles. The program will feature 26 journals and content dating back to 1917, including Journal of Pharmaceutical Science, American Journal of Medical Genetics, Biotechnology and Bioengineering, and Cell Proliferation. To see all journals available, please visit:
With the addition of these new fantastic journals, DeepDyve is continuing to advance its mission of providing affordable and convenient access to scientific and scholarly research articles for the tens of millions of users who are unaffiliated with a large institution. These users may be engineers and scientists in small start-ups or mid-sized businesses; doctors, nurses and other practitioners; individual researchers or even consumers and patients who want to learn more about a particular condition.
Subscribe to thousands of journals – starting at just $9.99/month!
Now, these users, and many more, can easily discover and read important research articles, or even join a DeepDyve monthly plan to subscribe to their favorite journal and thousands more — all for just $9.99/month. DeepDyve offers the first article rental for free to allow users to experience the service at no risk, at http://www.deepdyve.com/signup
Thanks again for your support!
The DeepDyve Team