Yesterday we announced several exciting new tools and products for the Publishing industry. As you know, we work closely with many publishers to make their expert content discoverable in our search engine. With the release of these tools, DeepDyve will now enable publishers to leverage the DeepDyve technology on their own sites. These tools are specifically designed for publishers whose content is already in the DeepDyve index and who want to bring custom search results (i.e. just their articles) to visitors on their site:
• Publisher Landing Pages — Publishers can leverage DeepDyve’s technology to drive more traffic to their sites. DeepDyve will dynamically build landing pages for EVERY article in the collection. Each landing page is information rich with related article links and is optimized to be more easily found in the major search engines.
• Search API — DeepDyve’s search technology can easily be added to a publisher’s site to make their content more findable. Through a web services Application Protocol Interface (API), simply ‘cut and paste’ the API code and allow DeepDyve to power the search.
• More Like This Document API — This tool allows websites to directly interface with the DeepDyve database to search for articles that are related to any designated document within our index. The user simply clicks a MLT link or button and DeepDyve will return related article results using the designated document as the query (alternatively, the results can be streamed in automatically).
• Content Highlight Widget — The Highlight Widget allows users at the publisher’s site to highlight any block of text up to 5,000 characters, then simply run that selection as a query.
“We are looking forward to DeepDyve powering the search on PLoS.org,” said Peter Jerram, CEO of The Public Library of Science. “DeepDyve’s cutting-edge technology and ability to use entire sentences as a query will make it much easier for our users to find and discover new original research in science and medicine.”
Each of these tools is available for free with advertising revenue sharing, or for a fee which varies depending on volume. To learn more, please visit the Publisher section of our website. You can also click here to read the entire press release.
About The Public Library of Science
The Public Library of Science (www.plos.org) is a nonprofit organization committed to making the world’s scientific and medical literature a freely available public resource. Its goals are to:
• Open the doors to the world’s library of scientific knowledge by giving any scientist, physician, patient or student - anywhere in the world - unlimited access to the latest scientific research.
• Facilitate research, informed medical practice and education by making it possible to freely search the full text of every published article to locate specific ideas, methods, experimental results and observations.
• Enable scientists, librarians, publishers and entrepreneurs to develop innovative ways to explore and use the world’s treasury of scientific ideas and discoveries